IMPORTANT: Always consult your physician before participating in any exercise program or regimen.
- From the home screen, use the UP/DOWN arrows to choose Quick Start then press START/STOP to start the training.
- Press ENTER to cycle between values during your workout.
Note: The program profile displays 16 columns, each equal to 100 meters.
Set preset targets before you begin your workout
From the home screen, use the UP/DOWN arrows to choose Standard, then press ENTER to confirm and begin your desired training mode: 2000m, 5000m, 10000m, 30:00, 500m/1:00.
Press START to begin the program. The preset value will count down to 0, other values (calories, strokes, etc.) will count up.
Pressing RESET will bring you back to standby mode and all values will reset to 0.
Target Single/Interval Programs
Target Single Programs
From the home screen, use the UP/DOWN arrows to choose Target Single, then press ENTER to confirm and choose one of four (4) values to target:
- Single Time: Presets only a time value.
- Single Distance: Presets only a distance value.
- Single Calories: Presets only a caloric value.
- Single Target Heart Rate: Presets only a Target Heart Rate. Ranges from 90 - 200 BPM (beats per minute). If you exceed the target heart rate, a beeping sound will occur. Note: This program only works when used with a 5kHz chest strap.
Press START to begin the workout after your selection has been made.
Target Interval Programs
From the home screen, use the UP/DOWN arrows to choose Target Interval, then press ENTER to confirm and choose one of three (3) values to set interval target:
- Interval Time
- Interval Distance
- Interval Variable
Using the arrow keys, set a training time, distance, or both based upon your selection. Press ENTER to confirm and set values. Press ENTER and set a rest time. Press START to begin the workout.
Customize your workout based on your personal preferences
From the home screen, use the UP/DOWN arrows to choose Custom, then press ENTER to confirm and choose one of four (4) custom modes:
- V:30/:30R - Training 30 seconds, rest 30 seconds
- V1:00/1:00R...7 - Training 1 minute, rest 1 minute, repeat 7 times
- V2000m/3:00R...4 - Training 2000m, rest 3 minute, repeat 4 times
- V1:40/:20R...9 - Training 1:40 minutes, rest 20 seconds, repeat 9 times
- From the home screen, use the UP/DOWN arrows to choose Race, then press ENTER to confirm.
- Select L1-L15 using the arrow keys. Press ENTER to confirm and enter a distance setting.
- Press START to begin the race. A dot-matrix will appear that displays you versus the PC graphic to race.
- Press ENTER to cycle between the different values and their averages.
- The dot-matrix will show PC WIN or USER WIN. The program will end at the end of the race.
Please note: In the race you can only set distance. TIME/500M is fixed. TIME/500M for L1-L15 is as below: