Take your workout to the next level and stay connected to the apps that inspire you with Bluetooth FTMS 4.0 capabilities in your SB4500 bike.
In this article:
- Connect to Third-Party FTMS Apps
- Share Workout Data to Other Third-Party Apps
- Connecting Bluetooth Accessories
- Troubleshooting Connectivity Issues
Syncing Your SB4500 with Fitness Applications
Connect to Third-Party FTMS Apps
The FTMS apps below will connect directly to your bike:
Zwift is an app for cyclists, runners, and triathletes that makes indoor training fun. Reach your fitness goals within virtual worlds designed for a global community. View our library of Zwift-related articles below to learn more:
Kinomap is an interactive fitness app for cyclists, runners, and rowers with over 283,059 miles of virtual courses to explore. View our library of Kinomap-related articles below to learn more:
- Using Kinomap with Compatible XTERRA Machines
- How to Create a Kinomap Account
- Kinomap Troubleshooting
Share Workout Data to Other Third-Party Apps
You can share your workout data with many of your favorite fitness apps - such as the ones listed below - by first connecting your machine to the XTERRA+ app.
Map My Fitness
To share your workout data:
- Turn on your bike.
- Ensure that your mobile device's Bluetooth setting is toggled on.
- If not already done, download the XTERRA+ mobile app and login/create a user account.
- If not already done, download the third-party fitness application of your choice and login/create a user account.
- Follow the XTERRA+ application prompts to pair your bike through the app. Please note: each application will vary slightly when syncing XTERRA+ data to the parent application.
Connect Bluetooth Accessories (Heart Rate Monitor)
Bluetooth on your SB4500 is always on and ready to pair. Pairing will differ based on the make and model of your specific device. Follow the instructions included with your Bluetooth device to ensure proper pairing and begin use. Once a heart rate monitor is paired, the SB4500 will display the data in the “Pulse” section of the screen. Once a device is paired, the Bluetooth icon on the screen will light up in BLUE (as shown in the image below). Click here to learn more about using a chest-strap style heart rate monitor with your SB4500.
Please note: Bluetooth audio devices cannot be paired to your bike.
Troubleshooting Connectivity Issues
- Fitness app is not finding my machine
- Fitness app won't connect to my machine
- Ensure your machine is plugged in and powered on.
- Ensure your mobile device is turned on and that Bluetooth is enabled.
- Ensure your mobile device is within 20 feet of the machine.
- Ensure you have the latest version of the fitness app installed on your mobile device. You can do this by visiting the app store on your device and viewing the most current version of the app available.
- Machine is not sending workout information to fitness app
- Fitness app does not register my workout information
- Ensure that you have paired your machine directly to Zwift/Kinomap (FTMS apps), or you are using the XTERRA+ app to share data from your machine to the third-party app of your choice (non-FTMS apps).
- Ensure your machine and the FTMS app(s) are properly paired by visiting your app’s customer support (See Zwift Troubleshooting or Kinomap Troubleshooting). Please note: non-FTMS apps can only receive data directly from the XTERRA+ app. You cannot connect your bike directly to non-FTMS apps.
- Ensure your machine and the app are properly paired by visiting your app’s customer support.
- Ensure your device is within 20 feet of the machine.
- Ensure you have the latest version of the fitness app installed on your device. You can do this by visiting the app store on your device and viewing the most current version of the app available.
- Fitness app will not load
- Fitness app will not download
- Check your internet connection to ensure it is working, and that you have a strong signal.
- Check your app’s list of supported devices to ensure that your device is listed.
- Contact your app’s customer support to report an issue when loading the app or downloading the app.
All other troubleshooting:
For issues with app functionality, contact your app’s customer support.
For problems with your XTERRA Fitness machine functionality or the XTERRA+ mobile app, please submit a ticket here.