Getting Familiar with the MB550 Control Panel
A. Average Speed Symbol if Upper/Lower Current Speed
B. Current Speed Display
C. Speed Scale Symbol Km/h or Mile/h
D. PM Indicator
E. Sub Display
F. Mode Symbol
G. Male Gender
H. Female Gender
J. 2 Users/Wheel Size Setting
Functions and Operations
The XTERRA Fitness Indoor Cycling Console carton consists of a computer console and a speed sensor transmitter. The transmitter counts the number of times the magnet, which is mounted on the crank assembly, passes the sensor. The speed sensor transmitter will then send a coded signal to the console which contains the measured value (Speed and Cadence).
Setting Up the User Data
In order to get a more accurate exercise result, enter your personal data (gender, weight, units, etc) into computer.
- Go to KCAL MODE by pressing the MODE key.
- Press the SET key for 3 seconds to go User Set.
- Press the SET key and MODE key alternatively to enter the correct personal data.
- Press MODE key for 3 seconds when complete.
When the user is pedaling, the computer will show their current speed.
MXS Mode (Max Speed Mode)
Displays the user's max speed from the beginning of the exercise to the current point.
AVS Mode (Average Speed Mode)
Displays the user's average speed from the beginning of the exercise to the current point.
To reset the display, press and hold the SET key for 3 seconds. All measurements will reset to zero except for the odometer.
Motion Activities Display
Whenever the user starts to pedal, the motion symbol will show on the display. When pedaling faster, the icon will move quickly.
CLK Mode (Clock Mode)
- Press the SET key for 3 seconds to change the settings.
- Press the SET key to adjust between the 12 and 24 hour clock.
- Once selected, press MODE and SET to adjust the time (hour/min/sec).
- Once adjusted, press and hold the MODE key for 3 seconds.
TM Mode (Auto Timer Mode)
Auto Timer will operate automatically whenever the user begins to pedal.
DST Mode (Distance Mode)
Displays the user's distance from the beginning of the exercise to the current point.
ODO Mode (Odometer Mode)
Displays the total accumulated distance exercised. Note: The odometer reading will return to zero whenever the batteries are taken out. In ODO Mode, you also have 2 choices for the wheel size by pressing the USER 1/2 key on the back. Set ODO value at 4330mm when installing new batteries.
KCAL Mode (Calories Mode)
Press the MODE key to see the record of calories consumed from the beginning of the exercise to the current point.
SCAN Mode (Scan Mode)
When in Kcal mode, press the MODE key once and then the SCAN icon will appear. The computer will automatically scan your current active result in different modes from CLK, TM, MXS, AVS, DST, ODO, to KCAL. It will automatically switch from one mode to another one every 4 seconds.
Setting Wheel Size
- Press and hold the SET key for 3 seconds to enter Setting Mode.
- Press SET and MODE keys alternatively to select the switch of KMH (kilometers per hour) or MPH (miles per hour) and then to choose the right wheel size.
- Press the MODE key for 3 seconds when complete.
In ODO Mode, you also have 2 choices for the wheel size by pressing the USER 1/2 key on the back. Set ODO value at 4330mm when installing new batteries.
Using the Tension Knob
Pedaling resistance is controlled by the tension knob. Resistance can be changed at any time by turning tension knob: clock-wise for more resistance; counterclockwise for less resistance. To apply the brake, press down on the tension knob. Before dismounting, apply the brake to stop flywheel, or increase resistance and let flywheel come to a stop.