Safety Tether Cord
A safety tether cord is provided with this unit. It is a simple magnetic design that should be used at all times. It is for your safety should you fall or move too far back on the tread belt. Pulling this safety tether cord will stop tread belt movement. To use:
- Place the Safety Key (magnet) into position on the round portion of the console control head. Your treadmill will not start and operate without this. Removing the magnet also secures the treadmill from unauthorized use.
- Fasten the plastic clip onto your clothing securely to assure good holding power. Note: The magnet has strong enough power to minimize accidental, unexpected stopping. The clip should be attached securely to make certain it does not come off. Be familiar with its function and limitations. The treadmill will stop, depending on speed, with a one to two step coast anytime the Safety Key is pulled off the console.
- Once your machine has been assembled, power on the treadmill by plugging it into an appropriate wall outlet, then turn on the power switch located at the front of the treadmill below the motor hood.
- Ensure that the Safety Key is installed, as the treadmill will not power on without it.
- When the power is turned on, a message will scroll across the dot matrix showing the current software version. The treadmill will then enter idle mode, which is the starting point for operation.
Quick Start / Pause / Stop
- Attach the Safety Key to enable the display (if not already on). Press the green START key to begin belt movement. Adjust to the desired speed using speed keys 3, 6, or 9 or ▲/▼. To adjust deck incline, press the incline keys 3, 6, or 9 or ▲/▼ to the desired incline level.
- When the treadmill is running, the pause feature may be utilized by pressing the red STOP key once. This will slowly decelerate the tread-belt to a stop. The incline will go to zero percent. The Time, Distance and Calorie readings will hold while the unit is paused (Note: After being paused for five (5) minutes, the display will reset and return to the start up screen).
- To resume your workout, press the START key. The speed and incline will return to their previous settings.
- To stop the treadmill and end your current program, press the red STOP key twice or pull out the Safety Key, though we encourage you to use the STOP key.
- If the ENTER key is held down while paused, the console will reset and return to the idle mode (start up) screen.
- Incline may be adjusted anytime after belt movement.
- Press and hold the "Adjust Incline" (▲ / ▼) keys to achieve desired level of effort. You may also choose a more rapid increase / decrease by selecting the incline 3, 6, or 9 keys on the console.
- The display will indicate incline position as adjustments are made.
To access Engineering Mode:
- Press and hold the START, STOP and ENTER keys simultaneously for five (5) seconds while installing the Safety Key.
- All console segments will light and the message window will display 'ENGINEERING MODE.' Press ENTER when prompted.
Once in Engineering Mode, you can press Speed Up/Down to cycle through menu of options:
- Sleep Mode: This setting allows your machine to enter “Sleep Mode” and power down after 5
minutes of non-use. By default, this is set to on. You can toggle this mode on/off by pressing ENTER to change the mode. You can then press STOP to return to the Engineering Mode menu.
- Lube Message Reset: By pressing ENTER you can reset your lube warning message. Press STOP to exit Engineering Mode.
- Security/Child Lock: By default, this is set to off. When your machine has the child lock on, you must hold START & Incline Up for three seconds to unlock. This setting discourages children from turning on the machine by randomly pressing buttons. Pressing Speed Up and/or Down will toggle this mode on/off.
The treadmill display will automatically enter Sleep Mode after 5 minutes of inactivity. The treadmill will draw very little current while in Sleep Mode (about as much as your television when it is turned off).
- Remove the Safety Key.
- Turn off the main switch on the front of the treadmill, below the motor cover.