Take your workout to the next level and stay connected to the apps that inspire you with Bluetooth FTMS 5.0 capabilities in your TRX5500 treadmill.
In this article:
- Connect to Third-Party FTMS Apps
- Share Workout Data to Other Third-Party Apps
- Built-in Console Applications
- Connecting Bluetooth Accessories
- Troubleshooting Connectivity Issues
Syncing Your TRX5500 with Fitness Applications
Connect to Third-Party FTMS Apps
The FTMS apps below will connect directly to your treadmill:
Zwift is an app for cyclists, runners, and triathletes that makes indoor training fun. Reach your fitness goals within virtual worlds designed for a global community. TRX5500 models are compatible with Zwift. View our library of Zwift-related articles below to learn more:
Kinomap is an interactive fitness app for cyclists, runners, and rowers with over 283,059 miles of virtual courses to explore. TRX5500 models are compatible with Kinomap. View our library of Kinomap-related articles below to learn more:
- Using Kinomap with Compatible XTERRA Machines
- How to Create a Kinomap Account
- Kinomap Troubleshooting
Share Workout Data to Other Third-Party Apps
You can share your workout data with many of your favorite fitness apps - such as the ones listed below - by first connecting your machine to the XTERRA+ app.
Map My Fitness
To share your workout data:
- Turn on your treadmill.
- Ensure that your mobile device's Bluetooth setting is toggled on.
- If not already done, download the XTERRA+ mobile application and login/create a user account.
- If not already done, download the third-party fitness application of your choice and login/create a user account.
- Follow the XTERRA+ application prompts to pair your treadmill through the app. Please note: each application will vary slightly when syncing XTERRA+ data to the parent application.
Built-in Console Applications
There are a variety of third-party apps available to keep you entertained during your workout. To access:
- Ensure your machine is connected to Wifi. Tap 'Internet & Apps' from the home screen.
- Tap the app icon of your choice to begin viewing content from the machine's console. Press the expanding arrows icon to enter full screen mode.
- Press the decreasing arrows icon to exit full screen mode. Press '⌂' to choose another app.
Connect Bluetooth Accessories (Heart Rate Monitor, Earphones, Speakers)
Connect Bluetooth accessories to your TRX5500 by navigating to the 'Settings' icon on your console's touchscreen. Tap 'Bluetooth' to pair your device(s). Pairing will differ based on the make and model of your specific device. Follow the instructions included with your Bluetooth device to ensure proper pairing and begin use.
Once a heart rate monitor is paired, the TRX5500 will display the data in the “Pulse” section of the screen. Click here to learn more about using a chest-strap style heart rate monitor with your TRX5500.
Troubleshooting Connectivity Issues
- Fitness app is not finding my machine
- Fitness app won't connect to my machine
- Ensure your machine is plugged in and powered on.
- Ensure your mobile device is turned on and that Bluetooth is enabled.
- Ensure your mobile device is within 20 feet of the machine.
- Ensure you have the latest version of the fitness app installed on your mobile device. You can do this by visiting the app store on your device and viewing the most current version of the app available.
- Machine is not sending workout information to fitness app
- Fitness app does not register my workout information
- Ensure your machine and FTMS app (Zwift, Kinomap) are properly paired by visiting your app’s customer support (See Zwift Troubleshooting or Kinomap Troubleshooting). Please note: non-FTMS apps cannot receive data directly from the treadmill console. You cannot connect your treadmill to non-FTMS apps.
- Ensure your device is within 20 feet of the machine.
- Ensure you have the latest version of the fitness app installed on your device. You can do this by visiting the app store on your device and viewing the most current version of the app available.
- Fitness app will not load
- Fitness app will not download
- Check your internet connection to ensure it is working, and that you have a strong signal.
- Check your app’s list of supported devices to ensure that your device is listed.
- Contact your app’s customer support to report an issue when loading the app or downloading the app.
All other troubleshooting:
For issues with app functionality, contact your app’s customer support.
For problems with your XTERRA Fitness machine functionality or the XTERRA+ mobile app, please submit a ticket here.