Safety Tether Cord
A safety tether cord is provided with this unit. It is a simple magnetic design that should be used at all times. It is for your safety should you fall or move too far back on the tread belt. Pulling this safety tether cord will stop tread belt movement. To use:
- Place the Safety Key (magnet) into position on the round portion of the console control head. Your treadmill will not start and operate without this. Removing the magnet also secures the treadmill from unauthorized use.
- Fasten the plastic clip onto your clothing securely to assure good holding power. Note: The magnet has strong enough power to minimize accidental, unexpected stopping. The clip should be attached securely to make certain it does not come off. Be familiar with its function and limitations. The treadmill will stop, depending on speed, with a one to two step coast anytime the Safety Key is pulled off the console.
- Once your machine has been assembled, power on the treadmill by plugging it into an appropriate wall outlet, then turn on the power switch located at the front of the treadmill below the motor hood.
- Ensure that the Safety Key/Tether Cord is installed, as the treadmill will not power on without it.
- The treadmill will then enter idle mode, which is the starting point for operation.
- Insert the Safety Key/Tether Cord to enable the display (if not already on).
- Press the START key to begin belt movement. Adjust to the desired speed using the SPEED ▲ / ▼ keys. You may also use the SPEED buttons 1-9 to adjust the speed.
- To slow the tread belt, press and hold the Speed '▼' key to the desired speed. You may also press the SPEED buttons 1-9.
- To stop the tread belt, press the STOP key or remove the Safety Key.
Pause / Stop / Reset
- When the treadmill is running, the ‘Pause’ feature may be utilized by pressing the red STOP key once. This will slowly decelerate the tread belt to a stop. The time, distance and calorie readings will hold while the unit is paused. After five minutes, the display will reset and return to the start up screen.
- To resume your exercise, when in ‘Pause’ mode, press the START key. The speed will return to the previous settings.
- Pause is executed when the STOP key is pressed once. If the STOP key is pressed a second time, the console will reset and return to the idle mode (“start up”) screen.
Click here to view instructions on adjusting your treadmill’s manual incline settings.
- The display will automatically turn off (Sleep mode) after 30 minutes (no key operations). The treadmill will draw very little current in sleep mode (about as much as your television when it is turned off).
- Remove the Safety Key/Tether Cord.
- Turn off the main switch on the front of the treadmill, below the motor cover.
Note: Do not leave Safety Key/Tether Cord in treadmill when not in use. Always turn off machine.