Take your workout to the next level and stay connected to the apps that inspire you with Bluetooth 4.0 FTMS capabilities in your ERG550W rower.
In this article:
- Connect to Third-Party FTMS Apps
- Using the XTERRA+ Mobile App
- Connecting Bluetooth Accessories
- Troubleshooting Connectivity Issues
Syncing Your ERG550W with Fitness Applications
Connect to Third-Party FTMS Apps
The FTMS apps below will connect directly to your rower:
Kinomap is an interactive fitness app for cyclists, runners, and rowers with over 283,059 miles of virtual courses to explore. View our library of Kinomap-related articles below to learn more:
- Using Kinomap with Compatible XTERRA Machines
- How to Create a Kinomap Account
- Kinomap Troubleshooting
To connect your ERG550W rower to Kinomap, please do the following:
- Tap to open the Kinomap mobile app and then tap the lower right corner to add a new device.
- Tap 'Equipment Management', then tap '+' to start adding equipment.
- Click the 'Rowing' graphic, then scroll through the brand connection screen until you find 'FTMS' or 'iConsole.' Note: Do not select XTERRA from the brands list. This will prevent connection.
- Select 'Rowing Machine' then select 'Bluetooth device.'
- Tap the 'home' button to return to the home screen after adding the device.
- To select a training video, you must select the type of rowing and tap the button to enter the training screen.
- Start training. Press the pause button at the top of the screen at any time to stop. From the pause screen, you can continue the workout or exit to end the workout.
Using the XTERRA+ Mobile App
You can monitor and view your workout data by connecting your machine to the XTERRA+ app.
To share your workout data:
- Turn on your rower console.
- Ensure that your mobile device's Bluetooth setting is toggled on.
- If not already done, download the XTERRA+ mobile application and login/create a user account.
- When pairing your rower, the ERG550W console will show up in your available devices as 'iConsole.'
- Follow the application prompts to pair your rower through the app.
Once your ERG550W is paired with the XTERRA+ app, you may choose to share your workout data with other third party fitness apps that you use, such as the following:
Map My Fitness
Connect Bluetooth Accessories (Heart Rate Monitor)
Bluetooth on your ERG550W is always on and ready to pair. Pairing will differ based on the make and model of your specific device. Follow the instructions included with your Bluetooth device to ensure proper pairing and begin use. Once a heart rate monitor is paired, the ERG550W will display the data in the “Pulse” section of the screen. Click here to learn more about using a chest-strap style heart rate monitor with your ERG550W.
Please note: Bluetooth audio devices cannot be paired to your rower.
Troubleshooting Connectivity Issues
- Fitness app is not finding my machine
- Fitness app won't connect to my machine
- Ensure your machine is plugged in and powered on.
- Ensure your mobile device is turned on and that Bluetooth is enabled.
- Ensure your mobile device is within 20 feet of the machine.
- Ensure you have the latest version of the fitness app installed on your mobile device. You can do this by visiting the app store on your device and viewing the most current version of the app available.
- Machine is not sending workout information to fitness app
- Fitness app does not register my workout information
- Ensure that you have paired your machine directly to Kinomap (FTMS apps), or you are using the XTERRA+ app to share data from your machine.
- Ensure your machine and the FTMS app(s) are properly paired by visiting your app’s customer support (See Kinomap Troubleshooting). Please note: You cannot connect your rower directly to non-FTMS apps.
- Ensure your device is within 20 feet of the machine.
- Ensure you have the latest version of the fitness app installed on your device. You can do this by visiting the app store on your device and viewing the most current version of the app available.
- Fitness app will not load
- Fitness app will not download
- Check your internet connection to ensure it is working, and that you have a strong signal.
- Check your app’s list of supported devices to ensure that your device is listed.
- Contact your app’s customer support to report an issue when loading the app or downloading the app.
All other troubleshooting:
For issues with app functionality, contact your app’s customer support.
For problems with your XTERRA Fitness machine functionality or the XTERRA+ mobile app, please submit a ticket here.